Tuesday, May 15, 2012

iPad's

So today we had the opportunity to work with ipads.  I do not personally have one, but my grandma had one and after she passed away my mom got it, so we have one in the house.  I have my own laptop (not a mac) and an iphone so I don't usually use it.  I would love to have one.  Just right now it isn't a necessity.  Personally I thought that it wouldn't be that useful for me personally in the classroom to implement into teaching.  I think it is a great tool and would love to own one and use as a resource for teaching and traveling but to create lessons using this seems unlikely.
Today we also got to explore the teacher station that has the document camera, computer and the technology to project information from those areas for the students to view.  For me this wasn't a new thing, but having looking at it and touched it without the pressure of a class watching is nice.  I got to see how it worked and that it wasn't such a hard thing to manipulate.  It was fairly self explanatory.
We also got to play with the smart board.  This thing is so cool, but I'll admit way over my head.  I mean i would need a lot more time to explore it and or take a class that taught all the cool and necessary information needed to run the board.  I wonder how practical it would be in the classroom for someone of my expertise on the board.  I think I would waste more time maneuvering it than I would actually teaching, but if someone was more savvy when it came to using the board I think it could be a really effective teaching too.

No comments:

Post a Comment