Tuesday, April 17, 2012

iMovie

Today class was so much fun, I got to finish my picture in photo shop.  I forgot most of the techniques we learned about it last week.  But I was glad to finish it and pretty proud of what I accomplished, especially being a person who isn't very technically inclined.  I then uploaded it onto flicker and got to see some of the others that people had done and they were all really well done.  Some of the photos I saw I couldn't even tell which elements of the photo were added.  I think this flicker idea where you have a group and you can upload photos to that, I think it would be a great project to implement into the classroom.

We also got to learn how to use iMovie.  We didn't really use that much of it.  We got introduced to the program and broke into groups and started planning our video.  I think it is great to break students up into groups and have to work together in a manner like this.  I also thought the videos we saw other people do were pretty incredible.  What a great idea for that school in San Fernando to do.  I like how they said the traditional presentations done in a classroom would die there, but by creating a video and posting on the web about something you feel passionate about keeps it alive.  As I mentioned in class I am not sure how to implement this style of learning into a math classroom.  So far I think this project is fun and we have made some real headway on it, but there is a good chunk of it done.  I am having a blast and that makes it so much easier to learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment